Tuesday, August 12, 2008

backgrounds

This is just a little peek at some of the background work that I've been coming up with. I actually don't have many backgrounds- most of my movie is set against a white screen and then I have some scenes with crazy settings (most of which can be recycled). These objects will be used in the pivotal scene of the film where the light bulb meets his mother.


The backgrounds were created using water colors and gouache paints and I'll add the rest in with photoshop/ painter on my computer. The items in the front were painted larger and will be resized so I can place them where I want. I really wanted to create a concrete dock that looked really old and weathered. I was thinking of adding some graffiti also but i decided against it- it made the rest of the image look too cluttered and distracting. I love how raw and old concrete looks, it helps ground my characters a little and make them feel more realistic.

I have a deadline coming up this friday; I have to hand in some work to the animation dept. I'm a little behind my own schedule so I'm upset with myself but i have so much going on during the day with RA training so I'm incredibly tired by the time that I get back. Siiiiigghhhhhh........ deadlines...... I need to start trying more to meet my own goals- everyone root for meeeee!!!

1 comment:

John Sohn said...

Ooo, I can't wait to see the whole thing! Good luck! Give them some taco flavored kisses to butter them up. ;)