Sunday, May 17, 2009

good eats

I just downloaded this application onto my iPod which let's me write blog entries when I'm away from my computuer. Unfortunately I don't own an iPhone which would make this a little more useful but whatever. Regardless, I'm going to keep these kinds of posts still about animation instead of boring you with info about my personal life haha.

Disney has recently released two posters and for those of you who haven't seen them, here they are! One being for the hightly anticipated "The Princess and the Frog" the other being Hayao Miyazaki's new film "Ponyo on the Cliff." I have seen Ponyo and it's my new favorite Miyazaki film. The techniques he used in his animation are so unique and beautiful- and apparently he animated a lot of the water animation himself.

The new Disney film has so many mixed feelings being voiced about it that I'm really curious as to how I'll view it myself. Despite all of this, however, this poster is really beautiful. I think Disney is finally starting to do some things right. I'm usually so disappointed with their DVD covers and one sheet print ads because of the weird airbrush quality of them. But this poster has so much depth and mood that I would be a popmpus fool to not like it. Only time will tell if this journey back to 2D will be worth the wait, but I think no matter if you are exited for it or not, we have to be optimistic for what it could mean later on.


Feast your eyes!






::munch slurp::  yumm.


*posted from my iPod :)

1 comment:

EunQ said...

Uwah!
PnF poster is sooo beautiful...
I kinda like that evil witch doctor guy heheh