Monday, May 11, 2009

shanks

I just wanted to thank everyone for all of their support and love for my film. it's so weird for me to meet people who like what I do but it helps fuel my ego and drives me to make even better content.

My film won "Best Animation Design" and was nominated for "Best Overall Animation" but lost out to Jake Armstrong (whom you should all look into. His film is beyond this world). I was honored to be considered ranking among Rebbecca Sugar and Jake and Elyssa; all three are amazingly driven people and I can't wait to see what they do next!

I also want to just congratulate everyone in general. I hear nothing but positive reviews about the film festival this year and how it was "the best year to date." Hopefully next year will outdo us!

On another note, I'll be removing my film from youtube once it reaches about 700 hits. I want to enter it into some festivals and they only like young films so I don't want it to get too much exposure until then.

I'm also already starting pre production work on my next film (yet to be titled). It's about the Ocean and how she falls in love with a fisherman and his family. Here's some designs I've made so far. Enjoy!!!!





7 comments:

Emily said...

so I have just come across this really good singer song writer called dark dark dark. The singers voice sounds like a siren luring sailors into shipwrecks. sooooo unique, if your looking for some inspiration I can burn you a copy of her cd.

jake armstrong said...

those designs look so good alex! you come up with some truly weird concepts in your scripts. it's me who can't wait to see what YOU do next! It's going to kick ass!

Mike Rauch said...

Well done Alex!

Mitch K said...

I just caught your thesis via Cartoon Brew.

BEAUTIFUL work! Truly beautiful and mature work. Thank you! :D

the Lemon Fish said...

thanks everyone! I'm blushing haha :]

nicole said...

yay! still really awesome you won! i hope your next film turns out just as good :)

Steff Lee said...

These sketches are lovely :) they remind me of the drawings in the Studio Ghibli film books. I really love your film 'Juxtaposed'. I have subscribed to your blog and am looking forward to seeing more of your work. ^-^