Tuesday, April 6, 2010

hillside






Well it's been a couple of months since I've had any updates in regards to my next film. However, now that I have all this (unfortunately) free time, I thought I'd get some work done.

My last film had only a few backgrounds in it and they were mainly water and cloud elements. "Arrival" will be set in a much less whimsical environment so I definitely need to brush up on my painting skills (pun not intended...or was it?).

The two top elements were done in PS really quickly to get used to the idea of drawing earth and other objects. I love paintings that have really amazing lighting so I tried to convey strong light sources in both- the idea of "building up" in these pieces helped immensely, specifically in the second.

The road concept was just something I was playing with, but the hilltop piece is an actual shot in the film- the pencil drawing is just a quick sketch of a scene I've been thinking of adding near the middle- however the storyboards aren't done yet so everything is subject to change. Hopefully by the end of this month I can have an actual finished rough cut of the storyboard! Let's not hold our breath though....

I'm still working on a bunch of images- my next post will probably be just a compilation of concept art. Look for the update :D


4 comments:

Arlington said...

Great paintings . Love those Cool shadows on them. The subway scene sketch looks pretty cool as well. Yes when we are temporarily out of work, we get back to our Art. You Keep going man.

kenny k said...

i think the subway stop is supposed to read "east broadway" :D

Tiana Mone'e Scott said...

These look amazing i can't wait to see the film. How are things going?

Alex Myung said...

Aww thanks guys :) I'm gonna upload some more today I think :D

@Tiana - Things are well! How is thesis going?? I can't WAIT to see your film!