Tuesday, April 20, 2010

stay with you







As promised- here's some more character design and background art!!

The backgrounds are moving slowly into the urban area. I'm basically procrastinating because I'm incredibly nervous to start working on them. As you can see in the last sketch, I attempted to start a city block and then got really frustrated and moved onto a hillside scene... relief!

I realized just how many kinds of environments I needed while I was working; the settings have to make a smooth transition from the middle of nowhere to a bustling city. Therefore, farms and hillsides became the new focus for now.

I also took a scan of the cover of my notebook just for fun. I'm happy with how the font came out. Moleskine Notebooks are the best!

DRAW BACKGROUNDS FROM MEMORY PEOPLE. They come out the best and have the most meaning :)

More to come soon!

No comments: