Thursday, May 6, 2010

casting call




I've been moving a bit slowly on updates and film art but I have a little prepared for you.
Above are the brand new character and color designs! They might change a couple of times again before the end but only slightly. The two male characters have both their summer and winter clothes shown. I'm thinking of brightening them up a bit for the end- I have so many more character boards to make T^T

I tried to hold back on the shading- when it comes time to actually animate and color I'm going to kill myself trying to shade in all of their clothes. You have no idea how hard it was though holding out from rendering the heck out of these. The entire time I kept wanting to add shadows all over the place, but then I thought of thesis year, and how I cried from so much coloring; it became much easier to hold back after that.

The other drawing is of some more environments you might see. No one make fun of my birds- If you know me well enough, you know I CANNOT draw birds... dunno why.... it will be a problem later on I feel.

FYI: I LOVE DRAWING DRESSES. I can't express this enough! I'm sorta sad that this film only has one female character in it- because then I would just put EVERYONE in dresses.... maybe my next film will just be about skirts and gowns.....

....
seriously...



Also this song has been on repeat for ohhh say..... the past 5 days....

1 comment:

Brian "Beard" said...

Looks excellent! I cannot wait to see more of the film. By the way, I love Sigur Ros; they are absolutely amazing.

Actually i'm not sure if you've heard him but the lead in Sigur Ros has done his own side project, you can check it out here:
http://jonsi.com/media

I'm actually going to see Jonsi tomorrow, cannot wait