Tuesday, October 5, 2010

anatomy of a water splash





I'm still here.

It's been quite a while. Almost an entire month- wow. BUT I am not coming empty handed.
Firstly- just to get it out of the way haha, I have a couple more sketches for Vai Moana. Probably the last for a while. I shouldn't even be close to focusing on these ideas seeing as I have Do You Dream In Color? and Arrival way in front of the line haha.

So I've been itching to post up some work from DYDIC? However I've been pretty weary since I don't wanna give too much away of the finished product. I have a couple of scenes colored and composited! This is my favorite part of animation; once you see how a scene looks when it's been finished it definitely helps motivate you to finish the leftover work you have.

In the scene I'm working on there's a big water splash I thought it would be fun to show you what that looks like when you can see every frame right there in front of you. Now I'm definitely not the first person to ever do this, but I have to say, the image itself could stand as a piece all on it's own... interesting concept. All the animation I'm doing for DYDIC? is based on emotions and movement- so the colors are more dependent on the energy behind the object (hence why the water is a bright pink as it's rushing upwards).

Close-ups:




*Sorry for the wonky layout of this blog post. For some reason when I move images around in the editing portion, they lose the ability to be clicked and enlarged. I wanted to have a different order for this entry but then you wouldn't have been able to click on any of the images, if anyone knows how to fix this please tell me! (It's probably something really dumb too....) BAH!

Until next time, y'all

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!!

will conlu said...

i'm late in checking your blog out. but i must say you are a great artist! i love your style in drawing/animation. great work! you should have a gallery show someday, i'd def. check it out!

Alex Myung said...

Aww thanks guys!