Wednesday, August 24, 2011

testing testing 1,2,3


So, as promised here's a little treat for you! For the past couple of weeks I've been putting together some test animation for Arrival and I'm pretty pleased how it came out. It's not perfect, but I learned some good techniques about how to make it look like there's a lot more going on than there really is haha.

I was also going to have the clouds move left to right (or visa versa) but it actually ended up looking rather cheap and very boring. So instead I have the clouds pulling back slightly as the camera zooms in- also known as a "Dolly Zoom." It blurs reality every so slightly and it makes the background seem much more vast.

Basically the point of this was to see how detailed with the actual animation I could get, while finishing it within a reasonable amount of time. I have another, quicker set of animation to clean up as a test, but I'm going to take a bit of a break for the time being. Enjoy!

No comments: