Saturday, October 8, 2011

fashion in animation




I really love fashion.  Let me just put that out there.  I don't think I have the best sense of style, and I don't follow all the designers very closely but I really love someone with spot on style.  Trendy, Classic, Urban, Casual, Preppy, I love it all!  Like I said, I'm not the most fashionable person, but I'm so happy to be welcomed into the chaotic fashion industry that I sort of fumbled into for my day job.




Due to my infatuation with this form of design, I really want to incorporate interesting fashion into Arrival.  In no way am I setting out to create this ground breaking collection of pieces, however.  I really want to use the characters' clothing as an expression of seasons changing, and I think it would add a new layer to the protagonist's personalities.  What I AM setting out to do however, is create a collection of outfits that seamlessly flow into each other- specifically with color.  My theory is that it'll help pull the numerous time jumps together a little bit more, and the viewer wont feel as disoriented when the scene changes.




You other animators out there are probably laughing at me b/c of the detail in these outfits.  You're probably thinking "YOU FOOL.  TOO MUCH DETAIL.  THE ANIMATION WILL KILL YOU." However, I HAVE A TRUMP CARD MY FRIEND.  That trump card is the simple and weird fact that I absolutely LOVE to animate clothing (see almost every other post where I go on and on about it).

Even if you don't like the outfits, I hope you can get wrapped up in the story that will be presented as well :)

No comments: