Thursday, April 5, 2012

back on track





So, as promised, I'm back with some layouts!  The next step for these little B's is to get scanned and colored but again, I'm scared to take that next step.  For now I'm just going to get most of the rough layouts done before I start actually coloring any of them.  



I'm almost done with the first main act of the film, and I'll soon be moving on to the really difficult shots of the city.  I wish I had paid more attention in perspective class b/c it's growing increasingly difficult to make these backgrounds.  MY BRAIN CAN SEE IT BUT MY HANDS NO CAN DRAW IT! GAH!




The biggest challenge I'll have to over come is showing scale.  I've always found I struggle with showing proper size relationships between people and their surroundings, so I'm studying a lot of different films and shows to see if there are any tricks that I can borrow.  It's allllll about finesse...

Everything looks better in blue pencil.

No comments: